Seamanship Library has grown into one of the industry’s leading software platforms for digital publications and flag State legislation.
It is the one-stop-shop for your digital needs both on board vessels and in offices on shore. Witherby Publishing Group produce, protect and publish eBooks on behalf of a number of maritime bodies, including:
Features of Seamanship Library
- The Seamanship Library is a purpose-built eBook reader with all the essential functions built in such as print, copy, paste and export.
- The powerful search engine provides the ability to search through thousands of pages of information across all eBooks held within the system.
- For vetting inspection purposes, the user can export the full list of titles held on the system, and an automatically generated certificate displays the currently installed and unlocked IMO eBooks.
Benefits of Seamanship Library
- Reduces hours spent searching for key pieces of legislation.
- Reduces hours spent keeping hard copies up to date with latest editions/errata.
- Reduces access time to new titles.
- Reduces the risk of remarks on Vetting Inspections (OCIMF SIRE and OVID inspectors use the Seamanship Library).
- Increases control and visibility over the publications held on board / in the office.
- Network version can be used across multiple computer set-ups – one product fits all.
eBook Licence Types
Standalone licences allow for eBooks to be unlocked on the Seamanship Library on one Windows PC.
Office Network licences allow for eBooks to be accessed by a specific number of users over a local network.
Cloud licences are a yearly subscription which allows access to eBooks via any web browser.
The Ship's Licence allows eBooks to be used by any computer connected to the ship’s network.